Monday 19 August 2013

Revlon Sweet Tart + OPI shatter in Nicki Minaj Super Bass

Yesterday I was in mood for a super summery neon mani. I've got a feeling the summer is about to finish and I was in need for something crazy and funny. Hot pink colour is a Revlon Nail Polish in Sweet Tart; it needed 3 layers for super opaque effect but it dries quickly so an extra layer didn't annoy me much. The Nicki Minaj for OPI shatter in Super Bass is a purple/burgundy-ish colour with an extra shimmer/fine glitter in it, it dries quickly and crackle just fine but as I'm not a big fan of crackle/shatter nail polishes so I'm happy I didn't pay a regular price for it. It is super glossy when wet but it dries to a matt finish which I don't like, so I needed to put an extra top coat layer or two on the shattered fingers to make them even and glossy. Overall it is a nice but not super exciting mani... I got a lot of compliments on it, but I think it was more because of the Sweet Tart neon pink colour popping out great when wore with black clothes rather then the amazingness of the whole design itself...

Layers:
- 1 x So Smooth Base Coat from No7
- 3 x Revlon Nail Polish in Sweet Tart
- 1 x Nicki Minaj for OPI shatter in Super Bass (index and ring fingers)
- 1-2 x Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat (2 layers on index and ring fingers, 1 layer on the rest of the fingers)











No comments:

Post a Comment