Tuesday 6 August 2013

Max Factor Red Carpet Glam + a bit of stamping...

Today I wanted to show a quite nice design I did lately. I really love the proper red nail polishes without any extra addition of glitters, shimmers or shades... simple red (as much as the red nails can be simple)... and the Max Factor Max Colour Effects Mini Nail Polish in Red Carpet Glam is just perfect...

There was a promotion in Boots a few months ago, when you spend 15 quid on anything from Max Factor you get a promotional gift, a metal case with bunch of mini products... as I really like Max Factor products, there was no problem for me to find something what I wanted and liked and spend 15 quid and so I did. I got very nice metal case with Union Jack on it (the case itself is brilliant and I still use it in my bathroom as a container for the cosmetics samples)... In the case I found (all from Max Factor ofc) a mini lipstick, mini mascara, mini nail polish in Red Carpet Glam colour (but as they come in mini sizes only it was actually a regular size) and I think a few samples of Max factor foundation. I got this promotional box twice so far (another one about 2 years ago with Lollipop nail polish in it) and i will definitely want to get it again when it's available.

Anyway, the Max Factor Max Colour Effects Mini Nail Polish in Red Carpet Glam is amazing, one layer is usually enough but I like to put 2, just in case. It dries in seconds, and lasts for about 5 days without any base or top coat... with top coat it's about 7-10 days or more, at least for me (but I'm doing the dishes in gloves only so it may actually be the reason). Overall, it is brilliant, and for 3.99 (the regular price in most of the cosmetic stores, but Boots and Superdrug often have promotions 3 for 2) i will be buying it again for sure.

So the design is:
- 1 layer of So Smooth base coat from No7
- 2 layers of Max Factor Max Colour Effects Mini Nail Polish in Red Carpet Glam
- I did stamping with a Silver Foil Effect from Barry M (a nail polish which is not dedicated for stamping but works brilliantly) + black Konad (a proper stamping nail polish) + a plates from Bundle Monster.
- 1 layer of Stay Perfect top coat from No7

I added some dazzles for an extra bling although when I'm looking at the photos now, I don't think it was necessary. I liked it when I did it, but I don't like it now... I think it looks overcrowded and is just too much with the proper red base colour... Anyway, I have learned my lesson:  red colour + simple design is best!!!

 First 4 photos Have been taken with flash, the last 3 in natural light.












No comments:

Post a Comment