Tuesday 27 August 2013

Neon Pink Animal Leopard Print Nails... Tutorial!!!

I did this design yesterday as I've got a special request for leopard print nails. I though I will do leopard print a bit differently and use neon pink and black with light purple base rather than expected brown black pattern. I was also told to make kind of a tutorial how to do them step by step so here it is :)))

1. Start with a base colour. I started with one layer of base coat from Revlon. Then I put two layers of light purple 040 Provence by Revlon on index and ring fingers, and three layers of dark purple/burgundy 760 Carry On by Essie (I'm not super happy with this Essie colour, it takes three layers to make it completely opaque, and the drying time wasn't great as well... I bought in on cheapsmells.com and it was on sale, but considering it is famous Essie and the retail price for it is ofter quite high, I would expect something better than that).
Wait for the base colours to dry out completely before you move to the next step.



2. Next step is to do not very regular spots. I used my large dotting tool (the largest in set) and created irregular spots using Sweet Tart by Revlon. I didn't do a regular dots on purpose, as the animal leopard print is supposed to be natural and a bit irregular, so I just put neon pink spots here and there. Try not to put too many or too big spots on a one nail as you will do black edges around them later on, and you also want the base colour to be still visible underneath.
Waited for the pink spots to dry out before moving to the next step.




3. Next step is to put an irregular black edges around the pink spots. I used smaller dotting tool and black 895 Onyx Rush Express Finish by Maybelline. Remember not to close the edges around the spots, but rather do larger and smaller moons/C-shapes around, also try to put them in different directions to create the natural animal print look.
Wait until black edges are completely dry and seal the nails with a layer or two of top coat.

Finished!!!! Taa Daah !!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment